Frequently Asked Questions
Visiting the Show
Can I still visit the show in 2022?
Yes, local residents can still attend the show as a part of Pioneers of Tomorrow on Friday 22 July.
This exciting showcase of the very best in science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEAM) is designed to give students, apprentices, graduates and young professionals considering a career in aerospace unprecedented access to the industry.
With hands-on activities showcasing the application of STEAM skills, a dedicated Careers Hub to offer you advice on your next steps, inspirational speakers from across aviation sharing their stories, and an extended aerial display, Pioneers of Tomorrow is the perfect platform to take your first steps into the world of aerospace.
Passes are available for purchase here: https://enrolment.engage-powered.com/farnborough/?e=37&siteid=PioneersOfTomorrow
Where can I view the full traffic plans for FIA2022?
During the show, a number of one-way systems, road closures and other restrictions will be in place.
We have a number of documents available for Local Residents to review, as well as an explanation of the key road closures and changes made to local traffic routes below:
- FIA2022 Traffic Management Plan
- Government House Road Plan
- North Camp Outbound Plan
- North Camp Inbound Plan
- Residents Parking Scheme Plan
- A325 Queens Parade Car Park Entrance Plan
- Aldershot Road Diversion Route
- Queens Roundabout Plan
Which roads will be closed during FIA2022?
Monday 11 July - Sunday 22 July
The following roads will be closed to vehicles and pedestrians from Monday 11 July to Sunday 22 July between midday and 5pm: (This includes practice week - Monday 11 July to Sunday 17 July)
- - A323 Fleet Road - from its junction with Norris Hill Road and its junction with Laffans Road
- - Aldershot Road - from its junction with A323 Fleet Road to the eastern boundary of The Foresters public house
A diversion route will direct traffic to use Bourley Road.
These roads are being closed is because of increased safety measures introduced by the Civil Aviation Authority following the Shoreham Airshow accident.
As a result of these measures, the Farnborough Airshow organisers asked Hampshire County Council to close selected roads while the aerobatics displays are taking place. They also asked the Ministry of Defence to close a section of land to the south west of the airfield.
Monday 18 July to Friday 22 July, 7am to 2pm
The following road closures will take place at the same time as the west-bound Lynchford Road one-way system from 18 July to 22 July (between 7am and 2pm):
- - Netley Street at its junction with Winchester Street
- - Lynchford Road at its junction with Old Lynchford Road (western end)
- - Southampton Street at its junction with Old Lynchford Road
- - Osborne Road at its junction with Old Lynchford Road
- - Peabody Road at its junction with Lynchford Road
Monday 18 July to Friday 22 July
The following road closures will take place for the whole Airshow week:
- - Netley Street at its junction with the A325 Farnborough Road
- - Church Road West at its junction with the A325 Farnborough Rd
- - Queens Road at its junction with Peabody Road
- - Closeworth Road at its junction with Park Road
- - Lynchford Road at its junction with Park Road (north-bound only)
Where will one-way systems be in operation during FIA2022?
Lynchford Road and Park Road one-way systems 17 July to 22 July:
From midday on Sunday 17 July to 10pm on Friday 22 July, the Park Road one-way system (from its junction with Reading Road to its junction with Lynchford Road), will be reversed.
Lynchford Road one-way system 18 July to 22 July (6am - 2pm):
A one-way system will run along the A3011 Lynchford Road towards the airfield. Traffic heading away from the airshow will be diverted along Old Lynchford Road, Winchester Street, Netley Street, Alexandra Road, Reading Road and Park Road. We expect that the diversion will be removed by midday daily. However, this will depend on the amount of traffic entering the show.
During the diversion, the western end of Old Lynchford Road (from the junction with Lynchford Road to its junction with Winchester Street) will be made one-way to ease the traffic flow.
Where will turns be banned during FIA2022?
Between 18 July and 22 July, you will not be allowed to make the following movements:
- - All right hand turns on the A325 Farnborough Road between its junction with Boundary Road and its junction with Lynchford Road (Queens Roundabout)
- - Right hand turns from Salesian View, South Street, and Whites Road onto Park Road
- - Left hand turns from Falkland Court and Lynchford Road onto Park Road
From 7am until 2pm between 16 July and 22 July, you will not be allowed to make the following movements:
- - Right hand turn from Alexandra Road into Netley Street
- - Right hand turn from Netley Street into Alexandra Road
- - Right hand turn from Alexandra Road into Queens Road
- - Right hand turn from Queens Road into Alexandra Road
How will residential parking be affected during FIA2022?
A section of North Camp will have a temporary residents' parking scheme in place during the show. If your home is covered by the scheme, you will have received a letter. We would ask you to display your residents' parking permit clearly on your vehicle windscreen to avoid receiving a parking fine.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to reserve parking spaces on the road for all residents. However, we do have the power to deal with any vehicle obstructing vehicle access into properties. If this happens, please call the Rushmoor Borough Council customer services team on 01252 398 399.