Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
As a Farnborough Flyer, you agree to the following:
· Be 17 years of age or over.
· To work effectively within a team environment and follow instructions
· To commit a minimum of a single 7 hour voluntary shift for the Farnborough International Airshow. If for any unforeseen reasons you are suddenly unable to work, you must notify Farnborough International.
· To deal with the public in a polite and helpful way and act and behave with maturity, honesty and reliability at all times
· Undertake the role to the best of your ability to help Farnborough International Airshow deliver its services.
· Be in good health and state and able to work, on your feet, whilst carrying out manual tasks for long periods of time during the day.
· Attend a full induction and training day for the Airshow on June 30th 2018
· Are aware if required, DBS checks will be taken.
· To make your own travel and accommodation arrangements.
· Have due regard for confidentiality of the Farnborough International Airshow and its staff
· Follow the guidelines, regulations and procedures detailed in the handbook you will receive
· When wearing the Farnborough Flyer uniform to act and represent Farnborough International Airshow in a suitable and appropriate manner
· At all times wear your security pass when gaining access to the site and during your shift/s
· Your personal data we will comply with the data protection act.
What to expect
· Successful applicants will be invited to a group interview at The Farnborough International Office on the dates specified on the application form.
· Volunteers selected from the interviews will then be invited to attend the compulsory briefing day on Saturday 30th June 2018 where a full briefing and site tour will take place.
· You will already have volunteered for specific shifts and you will be notified on the briefing day of which zone you will be located in.
· You will be invited to collect your Volunteers pass on Friday 20th July 2018. You will also be able to familiarise yourself with some areas of the site
· On the day of your shift, you are required to arrive at the Farnborough Flyer registration area which will be located with the airshow site. You must arrive at the time stated and follow directions given to access the site correctly.
· During your shift, you will be out on the airshow site interacting with members of the public, dealing with their enquires and providing the warm welcome to our visitors.
· You are expected to carry your pass/photographic id with you at all times.
· A uniform will be provided and we ask that you wear tidy trousers/skirts/shorts but no jeans. You should wear comfortable shoes i.e. no sandals, flip flops, open toe shoes or bare feet.
· We will provide you with refreshments and a meal voucher to use in one of the onsite catering
What to bring
· A big smile
· Sun cream
What not to bring
· Any items of significant value.
· Illegal substances.
· Sharp implements, pen knives